Aromatherapy Cleanser for Dry, Sensitive and Mature Skin
Making your own cleanser for dry, sensitive and mature skin
This aromatherapy recipe is based on the original Galen'S Cold Cream,
which is thousands of years old. This rich cream sets firm, but
liquefies on contact with the natural warmth of the skin. Galen's Cold
Cream is a good cleansing cream for mature, sensitive and dry skins,
with the benefit of containing rose essential oil.
You will need the following ingredients:
- 6 g of beeswax or beeswax pellets
- 2 heat-resistant glass bowls
- A pan of hot water
- 120 ml (4 fl oz) of sweet almond oil
- 60 ml (2¼ fl oz) of rose water
- A hand whisk or electric beater with a low
- 10 drops of rose absolute
- A large glass jar
Steps to make your own cleanser for dry,
sensitive and mature skin:
- Melt the beeswax or beeswax pellets in one of
the glass bowls, placed inside a pan of hot water over a gentle heat.
Stir in the sweet almond oil and warm thoroughly.
- Heat the rose water in the other bowl, until
the contents of bowl bowls are thoroughly warmed.
- Now add the rose water, drop by drop, into
the oils, beating steadily all the time - just like making mayonnaise.
- Once all the flower water has been beaten
into the oils, remove the pan from the heat, stirring until the
mixture has cooled. Then add the rose absolute, mixing it in
thoroughly, and pour into the glass jar.
Aromatherapy Creams and Lotions