Light Aromatherapy Moisturizer for All Skin Types
Making light aromatherapy moisturizer suitable for all skin types
This recipe combines the skin regenerative qualities of rosehip-seed
oil with the natural moisturizing qualities of sweet almond oil, to make
a light but nourishing moisturizer suitable for all skin types. This is
an ideal daily moisturizer for use in the morning.
Ingredients to make the light aromatherapy moisturizer for all
- 5 g of beeswax
- 2 heat-resistance glass bowls
- A pan of hot water
- 15 ml (3 teaspoons) each of sweet almond and rosehip-seed oils
- A hand whisk or electric beater with a low setting
- 2 vitamin E capsules
- A pin
- 12 ml (2½ teaspoons) of rose water
- 3 ml (½ teaspoon) of honey
- 4 drops each of neroli, sandalwood and
- 2 drops of jasmine
- A large glass jar
Steps to make light aromatherapy moisturizer
for all skin types:
- Melt the beeswax in one of the glass bowls,
placed inside a pan of hot water over a gentle heat. Add the sweet
almond and rosehip-seed oils, beating the mixture steadily to ensure
they are incorporated thoroughly. Prick open the vitamin E capsules
with the pin and squeeze them into the mixture.
- In the other bowl heat the rose water and
honey until the contents of both bowls are the same temperature and
thoroughly warmed through.
- Now add the rose-water mixture, drop by drop,
into the oils, beating steadily all the time - like making mayonnaise.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir until
the mixture cools. Mix in thoroughly the neroli, sandalwood and
palmarosa, and the jasmine. Pour into the glass jar.
Aromatherapy Creams and Lotions